If your Whirlpool washing machine is a top loader, then the filter will be located on the agitator. To clean it, first make sure that the washer is unplugged and all of the water has been drained from it. Then, remove the agitator by unscrewing it from the base of the machine.
The filter will be attached to the underside of the agitator. Simply detach it and rinse it off with water. You may need to use a brush to remove any stubborn dirt or debris.
Once you’ve rinsed it clean, reattach it to the agitator and screw it back into place.
- Remove the washing machine’s lid by lifting it up
- Locate the filter on the top of the washer near the water inlet valve
- Use your fingers to remove any lint or debris that may be caught in the filter screen
- Rinse the filter screen with warm water to remove any remaining dirt or soap residue
- Replace the filter and close the lid of the washing machine
Where is the Filter on My Whirlpool Washing Machine Top Loader?
If you have a Whirlpool washing machine, the filter is located on the left side of the washer. To access it, simply open the door and pull out the filter.
Do Top Loading Washing Machines Have Filters to Clean?
Yes, top loading washing machines typically have filters to clean the water before it enters the tub. These filters can become clogged over time and may need to be replaced periodically.
How Do You Clean the Lint Trap on a Whirlpool Top Load Washer?
If your Whirlpool top load washer has a lint trap, it’s important to clean it out regularly. A build-up of lint can cause the washer to work less efficiently and can even lead to clothes not getting as clean as they should. Here’s how to clean the lint trap on your Whirlpool top load washer:
1. Start by unplugging the washer from the power outlet.
2. Remove the lint trap from the washer. On some models, this will be located inside the door; on others, it will be on the back of the machine.
3. Use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to remove any lint that’s accumulated in the trap. If you don’t have a vacuum cleaner, you can also use a soft brush (such as an old toothbrush) to gently remove the lint.
How Do You Clean a Top Load Washing Machine Drain Filter?
If your top load washing machine is draining slowly or water is backing up into the tub, you may need to clean the drain filter. The drain filter is located under a small access panel on the front of the washer. To clean the filter:
1. Unplug the washing machine and turn off the water supply.
2. Remove the access panel and locate the drain filter.
3. Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any lint or debris from the filter screen.
4. Rinse the filter screen with warm water and reinstall it in the washing machine.
If your Whirlpool washing machine has a filter, it’s important to clean it regularly. A dirty filter can cause your washing machine to work less efficiently and can even damage clothing. Here’s how to clean the filter on a Whirlpool top-loading washing machine:
Unplug the washing machine from the power outlet. Remove the access panel at the back of the washer. This will give you access to the filter. Take out the filter and rinse it under running water until all of the dirt and debris is removed. You may need to use a soft brush to help loosen stubborn dirt particles.