Most people prefer not to clean, but it doesn’t have to be difficult with the right tools and techniques. The Bissell Crosswave is one such device, combining a mop and vacuum cleaner in one device for effortless convenience. Not only is this innovative device versatile and easy-to-use on many surfaces, but its convenience has won over many hearts.
However, like any machine, the Crosswave toothbrush is susceptible to malfunction. This blog will outline common issues with Bissell Crosswave toothbrushes and provide solutions for them.
Troubleshoot Common Issues
Brush Issue with Bissell Crosswave
A common issue with the Bissell Crosswave brush spinning issue is that it won’t spin if not cleaned thoroughly. This can lead to dirt accumulation and reduce its effectiveness for its intended purpose of brushing away particles. Here’s how you can fix this problem:
- Make sure the machine is turned on and plugged in.
- Make sure the brush is clean, free from hair or other debris by gently pulling it out.
- Check that the roller height is appropriate – turn the height adjustment knob to lower it to your desired setting.
- If the brush won’t spin, replace the belt. Replace a worn belt if it is damaged.
- If none of these steps work, please contact Bissell customer service for further assistance.
Do not pick up any debris while doing this repair work
Users often encounter issues with Crosswave’s inability to pick up any debris. Here is how you can resolve the problem.
- Make sure the brush is clean and free of hairs and debris. Gently pulling away any debris will do.
- Check that the roll of the brush isn’t too high – turn the height adjustment knob to lower it to your desired level.
- If the brush is not picking up debris, clean the filter. If it appears blocked, contact Bissell customer service for further assistance.
Crosswave leaves streaks of crosswave on your floor
Crosswave can leave streaks on your flooring, which can be frustrating. Even after having them professionally cleaned, it still causes them to appear dirty. Here’s how you can resolve this problem quickly and easily:
- Make sure your machine is using the appropriate cleaning solution. Depending on what surface you are cleaning, use Bissell carpet or hard floor cleaner.
- Make sure your cleaning solution tank is not empty. Verify whether it is empty and refill it with the appropriate cleaner.
- You must ensure the machine uses the proper amount of cleaning solution. Excess cleaner can leave streaks on your floor; follow the directions in your manual for adjustments.
- Make sure the brush is clean. Dirty brushes can leave streaks on your floor; use warm water and mild detergent to clean it thoroughly.
- If none of the above steps work, contact Bissell customer service for further assistance.
Crosswave will not pick up water on its own
Another common issue with Crosswave is its inability to pick up water. Here’s how you can troubleshoot the issue and resolve it quickly.
- Make sure the tank is empty and thoroughly cleaned before using it again.
- Check that the filter is clear; clean if blocked.
- Additionally, ensure that your brush roll is also spotless as dirty brushes may cause issues with performance.
- The machine’s ability to pick up water needs cleaning. Use warm water and mild detergent to wash the brush roll.
- Make sure the nozzle is clear; you can clear it with a small brush or toothbrush.
- If none of these steps work, please reach out to Bissell customer service for further assistance.
My machine won’t turn off
It can be discouraging if your Bissell Crosswave won’t turn on. Here are the steps you can take to resolve the problem:
Verify the machine is connected. Plug it in and turn on again if not.
Double check that the power switch is on; turn it on if not.
Make sure the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped; reset it and turn on again if so.
Verify the power cord has not been damaged. Replace with a new one if necessary.
If none of the above steps work, contact Bissell customer service for further assistance.
Crosswave has an unpleasant odor
Crosswaves may emit an unpleasant odor. Here are some solutions for solving this problem:
Make sure the filter is cleaned; replace if it appears dirty.
Be certain the machine uses an appropriate cleaning solution for each surface you are cleaning; depending on what kind of material it is, Bissell carpet or hard floor cleaner should be used.
Make sure to thoroughly clean the machine after each use, including its brush roll and nozzle as well as any dirty water tanks. Use warm water with mild detergent for best results; however, if none of these steps work for you, please reach out to Bissell customer service for further assistance.
The versatile Bissell Crosswave cleaning machine makes cleaning effortless. However, like all machines, it may experience issues which could compromise its performance. If these steps don’t resolve your problems with your brush, please reach out to Bissell customer support for assistance. With proper care and maintenance, however, your Crosswave will perform optimally and cleaning becomes a breeze.