If you have kids, then you know that accidents happen. And when they do, it’s usually on something that you would rather not clean – like your mattress. If your little one has had an accident on their mattress, don’t panic!
You can easily clean a poop stain from your mattress with a few simple steps.
- Remove as much of the solid matter as possible with a paper towel or toilet brush
- Flush the area with cold water to remove any remaining residue
- Apply a stain remover specifically designed for removing organic stains from fabrics
- Rinse the area thoroughly with cold water and allow the mattress to air dry completely before using it again
Can You Clean Brown Stains off Mattresses?
If you have a brown stain on your mattress, there are a few things you can do to try and remove it. First, if the stain is fresh, you can try blotting it with a clean cloth or paper towel. If the stain is dry, you can try using a vacuum cleaner with the upholstery attachment to suck up any loose dirt or debris.
Once you’ve removed as much of the stain as possible, you can then treat the area with a carpet cleaner or upholstery shampoo. Be sure to test any cleaners in an inconspicuous area first to make sure they won’t damage the fabric.
Will Vinegar Remove Poop Stains?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to remove a poop stain will vary depending on the type of fabric and the severity of the stain. However, vinegar is often effective at removing light stains from fabrics. To remove a poop stain using vinegar, first blot up any excess feces with a clean cloth.
Then, mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a bowl or spray bottle. Next, apply the vinegar solution to the stained area and scrub gently with a brush or sponge. Finally, rinse the area with cold water and allow it to air dry.
How Do You Get Diarrhea Out of Bedding?
If you or your child has diarrhea, it’s important to take extra care to clean soiled bedding and clothes right away. Stomach viruses that cause diarrhea can be easily spread through contact with contaminated surfaces like bedding, towels, and clothing. To remove diarrhea from bedding:
- Remove all soiled sheets and pillowcases from the bed.
- Place them in a garbage bag until you’re able to wash them.
- Wash the mattress cover and blanket if they’ve been soiled.
- Wipe down the headboard, nightstand, and any other furniture near the bed with a disinfectant wipe.
Clean Poop off Mattress | TESTED with Bleach, Hydrogen Peroxide and More!
Follow these simple steps to clean a poop stain from your mattress: Remove any solid matter from the stain using a blunt knife or spoon. Scrape away as much as possible without damaging the fabric of the mattress. Saturate the area with an enzyme cleaner designed for removing pet stains. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the best results. Allow the cleaner to sit for at least 15 minutes, then blot dry with a clean cloth or paper towel. Rinse the area with warm water and blot dry again.