To clean a pillow top mattress, start by removing the pillow top and any other removable covers. Vacuum the entire mattress to remove any dust or debris. Next, use a mild soap and warm water to spot clean any stains on the mattress.
Once the mattress is dry, replace the cover and pillow top before using it again.
- Strip the bedding and any removable covers from the mattress
- Vacuum the surface of the mattress with the upholstery attachment to remove any dirt, dust, or hair
- Spot clean any stains with a mild detergent and a damp cloth, taking care not to soak the mattress
- Apply a thin layer of baking soda over the entire surface of the mattress and let it sit for 30 minutes to absorb any odors
- Vacuum away the baking soda using the upholstery attachment
- Flip or rotate your pillow top mattress according to manufacturer’s instructions to help prevent sagging and uneven wear
How to Clean Pillow Top Mattress Stains
Pillow top mattresses are a popular choice for many people because they offer an extra layer of comfort. However, these mattresses can be difficult to clean because the fabric is susceptible to staining. Here are some tips on how to clean pillow top mattress stains:
1. Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to vacuum the surface of the mattress. This will help remove any dirt or dust that could be causing the stains.
2. Spot clean the stained areas with a mild detergent and warm water. Be sure to blot (don’t rub) the stain until it disappears.
3. If the stain is still visible, you can try using a diluted bleach solution or commercial upholstery cleaner. Always test these solutions in an inconspicuous area first to make sure they won’t damage the fabric.
4. Once the stain is gone, apply a protectant spray or mist to help repel future stains.
Do You Clean a Pillow Top Mattress?
Most pillow top mattresses are designed to be used with a mattress protector. A mattress protector will keep your pillow top mattress clean and free of stains. If you do not have a mattress protector, you can still clean your pillow top mattress, but you will need to be more careful to avoid damaging the fabric.
To clean a pillow top mattress, start by vacuum cleaning the surface to remove any dirt or debris. Then, spot clean any stains using a mild detergent and a damp cloth. Be sure to blot the stain rather than scrubbing it, as this could damage the fabric.
Finally, allow the area to air dry completely before putting sheets back on the bed.
How Do You Clean Pee Out of a Pillow Top Mattress?
If you have a pillow top mattress that has been peed on, don’t despair. There are several things you can do to clean it and get rid of the urine smell.
First, if the mattress is wet, blot up as much of the urine as possible with a clean towel.
Then, mix together a solution of one part white vinegar and two parts water. Using a spray bottle, generously mist the entire affected area with the vinegar solution. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then blot it dry with another clean towel.
If the mattress is still damp or if there is still a strong urine smell, sprinkle baking soda over the entire affected area and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before vacuuming it up. You may need to repeat this process several times to completely remove the odor.
Can You Wash a Pillow Top Mattress Cover?
If your pillow top mattress cover is made of natural fibers like cotton or wool, then you can wash it in your washing machine using cold water and a mild detergent. If the cover is made of synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon, then you should spot clean it with a damp cloth and mild detergent. To prevent shrinking, always air dry your pillow top mattress cover.
Can I Steam Clean a Pillow Top Mattress?
If you’re looking to clean your pillow top mattress, steaming it is a great option. Not only is steam cleaning effective at removing dirt, dust and other debris, but it also helps kill germs and bacteria. Plus, steam cleaning is a gentle way to clean your mattress, so you don’t have to worry about damaging the fabric.
Here’s how to steam clean your pillow top mattress:
1. Start by vacuuming your mattress to remove any surface dirt and debris. Make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies, including the sides and corners of the mattress.
2. Fill your steamer with distilled water and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for operating it safely.
3. Hold the steamer nozzle close to the surface of the mattress and start moving it back and forth in long strokes. Be careful not to over-steam or focus on one area for too long, as this could damage the fabric.
4. Once you’ve steamed the entire mattress, allow it to air dry completely before making up the bed with fresh sheets.
Pillow top mattresses are a bit more delicate than your average mattress and require a bit more care when cleaning them. Here are some tips on how to clean a pillow top mattress:
1. Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to gently vacuum the surface of the mattress. Be careful not to press too hard or you could damage the delicate fabric.
2. Spot clean any stains using a mild detergent and a damp cloth. Blot the stain, don’t rub it, until it is gone.
3. If your mattress has an outer layer of padding, you can remove it and wash it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This is usually not necessary though unless there are stains that won’t come out with spot cleaning.
4. Let the mattress air dry completely before putting sheets back on or using it again.