I get it, keeping your Coach purse clean can be tough. Using things every day can make them dirty, stained, and worn out. What if I told you that you can clean your Coach purse in the washing machine? Yep, totally doable and way easier than you’d expect.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to clean your Coach purse safely in the washing machine. No need for fancy stuff or pricey cleaners. Just use the basic things you already have. We’ll break it down for you: empty your purse, prep the washing machine, dry, and maintain your purse after cleaning.
What’s a Coach Purse made of? Can it be Machine-washed?
A Coach purse is made of leather, fabric, or both. These purses are super stylish and high-quality. Coach purses can be made from real or fake leather. Leather is tough, but it doesn’t like washing machines. If you chuck a leather purse in, it could get messed up. Water and shaking can mess up leather’s shine and shape. Yeah, you shouldn’t machine-wash a leather Coach purse. Nah, just use leather cleaner or conditioner.
Fabric Coach purses are usually made of canvas or nylon. These materials are more machine-friendly. You can wash a Coach purse in the machine, but remember a few important things. First, check the care label inside the purse. It could have specific instructions. Don’t chance it in the machine if it says “dry clean only.” If it’s safe, take off any removable parts like straps or tassels.
To keep your purse safe in the wash, put it in a pillowcase or laundry bag. This keeps the straps and zippers safe from tangling or getting messed up. Use a gentle detergent for laundry. Strong detergents can be too tough on clothes.
Choose the gentle cycle and cold water on your washing machine. Hot water can make colors bleed or fade. After the machine’s done, don’t dry your Coach purse. Heat can mess up the fabric and shape. Just let it air dry. You can stuff it with paper or a towel to keep its shape. Put it in a well-ventilated spot, away from the sun.
Basically, it depends on the material and care label if you can machine-wash your Coach purse. Leather purses shouldn’t go in the machine, but fabric ones might be okay if you’re careful. Just remember, gently cleaning your purse is the best way to keep it looking great.
A Simple Guide to Cleaning Your Coach Purse in the Washing Machine
Cleaning your Coach purse doesn’t have to be complicated or pricey. If your purse is dirty, just toss it in the washing machine to clean it up. This guide will show you how to clean your Coach purse safely and effectively.
1. Stuff You’ll Need
- Go for a mild detergent that’s gentle, colorless, and fragrance-free.
- Use a pillowcase or laundry bag to keep your purse safe in the machine.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe and dry your purse.
- Use room-temperature water to rinse your purse after washing.
- Use an old toothbrush or a small purse brush for a soft brush.
2. Empty Your Purse
Make sure your Coach purse is empty before washing it in the machine. So, you gotta take out all the stuff you normally have in your purse. Emptying your purse makes cleaning easier and prevents damage to your stuff. Here’s how:
- Find a nice spot to work. A table or flat surface is good.
- Empty your purse and show me what’s inside. Don’t forget your wallet, makeup, keys, and other personal stuff. Just put them aside neatly.
- Make sure to check your purse’s pockets and compartments! Sometimes little things can get lost in there.
- When your purse is empty, flip it over and give it a little shake to get rid of any crumbs or dust.
3. Get the Washing Machine Ready
Now that your purse’s empty, time to prep your washing machine for cleaning. Make sure your machine is set up right to keep your purse safe in the wash. Here’s what you gotta do:
- Make sure your washing machine is clean and doesn’t have any leftover detergent. Don’t want soap scum on your purse.
- Pick a gentle cycle with cold water. The delicate cycle is usually the way to go. If your machine has a “hand wash” or “delicate” setting, that’s even better.
- Make the water cold. Hot water can make your purse colors fade or shrink materials.
- If you have a laundry bag or pillowcase, grab one. Use this to protect your purse in the wash. If not, just use a clean pillowcase or a big sock.
4. Put Your Purse in a Pillowcase or Laundry Bag
It’s super important to protect your Coach purse in the washing machine. Put it in a pillowcase or laundry bag to keep it from getting tangled or damaged. Here’s what you gotta do:
- Just open the pillowcase or laundry bag and put your purse in.
- If your purse is big or has many straps, just make sure it’s organized inside to avoid getting tangled.
- Make sure to tie or zip the bag tight so your purse stays safe.
5. Add Some Soap
To clean your purse well, use a gentle detergent. Using the right detergent is super important to prevent any damage to your clothes or furniture. Here’s how to add the soap:
- Grab a bit of mild detergent. Just use a little bit, like a teaspoon or less.
- Just put the detergent in the drum of your washing machine. Don’t put the detergent in your purse directly; it avoids direct contact with the detergent.
- You can also use a special detergent for delicate fabrics or hand washing.
6. Begin Washing
Put your Coach purse in a pillowcase or laundry bag, add detergent to the washing machine, and start cleaning. Here’s what you gotta do:
- Just close the washing machine door tightly.
- Just start the machine and choose a gentle cycle with cold water.
- Start it up and let the washer do its thing. It usually takes about 30 mins, but it can vary depending on your machine.
7. Just Let it Air Dry
Once the washing machine is done, your purse will be clean and ready to dry. Make sure to dry your purse well so it stays in good shape. Here’s how to dry safely:
- Carefully take off the pillowcase or laundry bag from the washing machine without yanking your purse.
- Your purse might be a little wet, but it’s all good. Don’t wring or twist it to get rid of water, it can ruin it.
- Put your purse on a clean towel or a flat surface. You should totally reshape your purse, especially if it’s a structured style, like a satchel or tote. Fill the purse with towels or newspaper to keep its shape.
- Just let your purse air dry in a cool spot. Don’t put it in direct sunlight, heat, or near radiators. It can make the colors fade or the material brittle.
8. Clean the Outside
Once your purse is dry, just give the outside a quick touch-up to get rid of any leftover dirt or stains. Here’s how:
- Grab a soft brush, like an old toothbrush or a purse brush.
- Just give your purse a quick brush to get rid of any dirt or stains. Don’t scrub too hard, it can damage it.
- Make sure to really focus on any spots that are hard to clean. Just use a little detergent on a cloth and gently blot the stain. Test it on a hidden spot first to be safe.
9. Clean the Inside
Now let’s clean the inside of your purse. Here’s how to do it safely:
- Grab a cloth, and make it a little wet with room-temperature water. Don’t make the cloth too wet, you don’t want to soak the inside.
- Just give the inside of your purse a quick wipe to get rid of any dirt or dust.
- Check the pockets and compartments to make sure they’re clean and dry.
- Just let the inside air dry if it gets wet while cleaning.
10. Put Your Purse Back Together
Now that your Coach purse is all clean and dry, let’s put everything back together:
- Start by rearranging your stuff and putting them back in your purse. Just leave some room and don’t put too much heavy stuff in there.
- Zip or close pockets to keep things safe.
- If your purse has removable straps or accessories, just put them back on when you need them.
- Store your clean purse in a dust bag or a cool, dry place to keep it safe from dust and light when not in use.
Once you’re done, your Coach purse will be fresh and ready for your next adventure! Just clean and take care of it to keep it in good shape.
Can I wash all Coach purses in a washing machine?
Not all Coach purses can be thrown in the washing machine, ya know? So, like, most fabric and canvas Coach purses can totally go in the washing machine. But, you know, just make sure to double-check the care label or hit up the official Coach website for the deets on how to clean ’em properly. Hey, just a heads up, certain fancy materials like suede or patent leather might not be cool with being tossed in the washing machine. They might need some extra TLC, you know?
What detergent should I use, dude?
You gotta make sure to use a gentle detergent that doesn’t have any color or smell. This helps avoid any possible damage to the purse’s material or colors. Try not to use bleach or strong chemicals because they can be really harsh and mess things up.
Can I use a laundry bag instead of a pillowcase?
Oh yeah, for sure! A laundry bag totally works as a substitute for a pillowcase. The main point is to make sure your purse doesn’t get all messed up or ruined when you throw it in the wash. Both options are good for this.
How often should I toss my Coach purse in the washing machine to clean it?
How often you gotta clean your Coach purse in the washing machine really just depends on how much you use it and how fast it gets all dirty or stained. Usually, like a few times a year or whenever you see your purse starting to look worn out, is a good rule of thumb.
Can I make it dry faster by using a hairdryer or heater?
You should just let your purse air dry in a cool, dry spot. If you use stuff like a hairdryer or heater, it might mess up the material and make it all wonky, especially if it’s made of fake stuff. Hey, just a heads up, leather purses don’t really like excessive heat. It can totally dry them out, so it’s probably a good idea to steer clear of it.
What if my purse has, like, leather trim or accents?
If you’ve got Coach purses with leather parts, it’s a good idea to slap on some leather conditioner after giving them a wash. This helps keep the leather nice and moisturized so it doesn’t dry out or crack over time.
My purse has some shiny metallic hardware. Will it get messed up in the wash?
You can totally toss Coach purses with metal hardware in the washing machine without any worries. But hey, it’s always a good idea to give your stuff a quick once-over before tossing it in the wash. Just make sure there aren’t any loose or busted bits that could get even more wrecked in the machine.
Can I throw a purse with sequins or beads in the washing machine?
You shouldn’t put purses with fancy sequins or beads in the washing machine. These decorations might get all loose and messed up when you wash them. If you wanna keep these purses lookin’ good, just spot clean any stains and stay away from the washing machine.
What if my purse smells?
If your Coach purse has developed an unpleasant odor, you can try placing it in a well-ventilated area with an open container of baking soda inside for a day or two. Baking soda can totally help soak up and get rid of smells. You can also just give the interior a quick wipe with a cloth that’s a little damp with a mix of water and vinegar.
Do I have to stuff the purse when air drying it?
You don’t have to do it, but it’s a good idea to stuff your purse with dry towels or newspaper so it keeps its shape while drying. This is super important for structured bags that could totally lose their shape if they get wet. It’s just one more thing to make sure your purse looks awesome after cleaning.
Now you know how to clean your Coach purse in the washing machine. Just follow our easy steps and use a gentle detergent to keep your purse looking stylish and fresh. Keep it clean and looking good by giving it a good scrub when necessary. Now you can rock your Coach purse worry-free! Take good care of your purse and bring it along on more stylish trips.